Sunday, October 08, 2006

Quezo de Bola Ensaymada

These are made by a certain famous ensaymada maker, simply known as Mrs. Cunanan, but how special her ensaymadas are! A bit steep in price, but surely one's gotta pay for good treats. One thing I immediately noticed is that it's not coiled as how ensaymadas are usually baked. I especially like how the top isn't smothered with too much butter, letting the grainy sugar and the strong cheese flavor come through. And how I love the quezo de bola topping-- clearly what it's known for--very finely shredded and equally disbursed. The ensaymadas were light and fluffy, easy to eat and not too greasy, which is saying a lot, since ensayamadas generally contain a lot of butter. I find that they go well with strong coffee or tea, the hot liquid making the ensaymada even more tender that almost melts in the mouth.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Is this the same one sold in Valle Verde?

E said...

Yes I believe so!