Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Two New Cakes from Starbucks

After a divine and interesting dinner at La Nuova, the dessert part was a walk over to Starbucks. It was a nice surprise to see new cakes in Starbucks-- sugar free Cream Puff, sugar free Flourless Chocolate Cake and the multilayered Mango Madness. Don't expect anything gooey in the Flourless Cake, there wasn't any soft part; it was akin to eating a mildly gritty truffle. It isn't all that bad for me, in fact I find the texture intriguing with the chocolate rosettes adding a melt-in-the-mouth sensation. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the best sugar free flourless cake there is, but for a dessert restricted with sugar, that most important element, I do think they did a good job here.
The Mango Madness, on the other hand, lacked a heavy dose of succulent mangoes. The nutty and pebbly crust blended well with the cream but the missing real mango flavor would have given it more attitude.
New fave drink in Starbucks: Nonfat Doubleshot Caramel Macchiato. As introduced to me by C, my ever picky bf.

No comments: