Friday, January 29, 2010

The Parthenon

The closest I'll ever get to seeing the Parthenon (I hope not!). A debutante's cake, this is. What a chic way to celebrate one's 18th birthday-- Grecian style. And here I thought it is reserved for wedding themes!
The bottom is 2 layers of carrot cake sandwiched with buttercream, then covered with fondant. The color of the cake is actually dirty white (hard to catch on camera), just like the real Parthenon, charmingly aged with time.

-kitchen of Carla & Elaine-

2 comments:

Village Mom said...

this is beautiful! where did you get the pieces to make the front carvings pieces?

Kevin Marshall said...

That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return. For information about Web Designing Dubai or Web Designing Karachi please visit website.